About the Man
From little things big things grow
From humble beginnings, Man With A Van has become Melbourne’s most trusted removals service.
It was in 2001 that the Man With A Van odyssey began. The first Man, Tim, was knocked back for a courier job because of the state of his banged-up old hippie van. Out of desperation he starting posting flyers around TAFE offering student moves.
His willingness to laugh when the lift was busted and lug stuff upstairs for a pittance earned him more work than he could do by himself.
The Man recognised that he was onto something - Melburnians were tired of knuckle-dragging neanderthals and old-fashioned, inflexible removalists. They wanted a smart alternative that wouldn’t break the bank.
In his suburban backyard Tim hatched a plan with his mate James to modernise moving in Melbourne. They roped in their mates, bid farewell to the beloved hippie van, and got to work.
As Man With A Van grew, so too did the needs of their customers. These days the Man can handle an entire family home with ease in one of his modern behemoths.
But one thing hasn’t changed - Man With a Van is still manned by masterly movers you could take home to your mum.
Think you've got what it takes to join the crew? Click here to apply.
Some basic info:
- We're located at 53 Church St Abbotsford
- Our mailing address is PO Box 1122 Richmond North 3121
- Office hours: 8am – 6pm weekdays, 8am – 5pm weekends
- Moving hours: 8am – 5pm, 7 days a week, including holidays
- Minimum charge of just one hour plus travel time
- Charged in 30-minute increments after the first hour
- We accept cash, EFTPOS, Visa, and Mastercard
- Payment must be finalised on completion of job
- We don't rent vehicles without a Mover, sorry
- We're fully insured for any incident
Where it all began, the very first van in 2001.
Same trusty man, three manly sizes.
In safe hands
The Man treats your things like his own, but sometimes accidents happen. If they do, we’ve got your back. We’ll repair or replace them at our cost, or through our insurer. No hassle. Just tell The Man at the end of the move.
Moved by Peta
"The movers were fantastic, they were working in a very busy environment and were nothing but resourceful, professional and helpful."
Moved by Dan L
"Thank you for doing a terrific job and charging a fair rate!"