Save On Your Move
Moving house can be a hit to the hip pocket. You may be required to pay double rent and utility connection fees, as well as hiring a truck or removals service. A bit of planning helps to keep these costs under control.
A good removalist service will help to ensure your relocation is completed in good time, and doesn't drag on for days. The feedback we get from customers is that hiring us saved them a bucketload of stress.
That said, when hiring a moving service, cost is still a very important consideration. Hiring removalists is necessarily more expensive than hiring a truck, as the company needs to pay staff for their labour, as well as the vehicle costs and other equipment provided.
With this in mind, knowing the following tidbits should help you keep the removals costs as low as possible:
- Removalists usually pack the truck starting with the biggest items. Make sure your hallways are clear so the movers can get access to your beds and couches.
- It's better if boxes are neatly stacked, and not overfilled. Overfull boxes may require more hands to move, or they can fall apart, putting your items at risk and using up precious time
- You can leave your clothes in your tallboy or chest or drawers, but the movers may remove the drawers while handling, and return them at the end
- Call on your friends and don't be afraid to pitch in yourself - many hands make light work, and we're always happy for the help.
- Weekdays are cheaper, and you have more say on what time of day your move takes place - see if you can get a midweek day off to do your move.
- Does your bed come apart? If you can dismantle it and any other reducible items (especially flatpack furniture, like IKEA) then you will save a lot of time
- Ask the movers to focus on the bigger items, and leave what you can get in your own vehicle - this can be a real money saver, as your movers grab the big-ticket items and don't spend ages getting smaller things you could have taken yourself
- Box or bag all small items so that they can be easily carried to the truck and back again
If you manage to do all of the above, you should be looking at an affordable, and stress-free move. For more helpful tips, give our office a bell on 03 94173443.