This page will be regularly updated if our service changes - please return for the most up-to-date information.
Last updated Thursday, 3 June 2021, at 2pm.
We are now providing a Contactless Service for essential moves only.
Due to the extension of the 7 day lockdown announced on Wednesday, 2 June by the Victorian Government, all moves undertaken during this time must be essential.
Therefore, we have now reverted to providing contactless moves. This is a modified service which aims to minimise the risk of viral transmission.
What does that mean?
- If your move is not essential, please call us to re-schedule your booking to a date after lockdown ends
- If your move is essential, we intend to complete your move as booked in a contactless way, you do not need to call unless you need to make a change.
What we need from you
- Provide an exact inventory. We will need to know exactly what items need to be moved to make sure all the right stuff is shifted
- Provide instructions for access to each property. If you’re going to be home, let us know you’re leaving the door open. If you’re not, leave a key out for us. Make sure we’re aware of the access instructions before the move day
- Clean and prepare at your property. Please clean all door handles and doorknobs with disinfectant or soap before the movers arrive. Where possible, wipe down hard surfaces on furniture items using disinfectant
- Label all your items. Provide clear labels on each item as to which room you would like it placed at the drop-off address
- Isolate yourself. Take up residence outside or in another room, with the door closed, while our movers complete their work
- Talk to the movers over the phone, not in person. They’ll call you on arrival, so you’ll have their number. Give them a ring if you have instructions or questions during the move
- Provide a credit card over the phone for us to securely store for payment. We can’t accept cash or EFTPOS in person at this time.
Please tell us!
- If anyone living in the properties has recently been overseas, or is in self-isolation for any reason
- If you are ill or have symptoms. If so, we will ask you to rebook for another time, or provide someone else to give access and facilitate the move
- If you’re over 70. We'll ask you to have a friend or family member oversee the move, and that you make arrangements not to be present. If this can't be arranged, we need to discuss your options further, prior to the move
What we’re doing
Disinfecting our vehicles at the beginning and end of each day of work
Practicing proper hygiene as per advice from the Department of Health, with a particular focus on regular and thorough hand-washing
Waiving cancellation fees. If your situation changes and you can’t proceed, just let us know as soon as you can.
Instructing staff not to attend work if showing any symptoms of illness. Instead, anyone experiencing symptoms has been instructed to stay home, consult their doctor, and follow the relevant Australian government protocols regarding self-isolating and testing
We're following DHHS advice on mask-wearing. This means that our movers will wear masks wherever possible during the job, but may remove them while doing aerobically strenuous activities (such as carrying very heavy items, or going up or down flights of stairs).
Actively monitoring advice from state and federal government departments for new requirements and best practice
Notes on assisting our movers
Under normal circumstances, we allow customers to assist with the handling of items to speed up the moving process. This will not be an option at the current time. As a result, all one-mover bookings must only list items which can be safely handled by a single person.
We reserve the right to leave any job where our movers feel at risk, as this is a public health issue.
Questions or concerns?
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, give our office a call on (03) 9417 3443 or email email@example.com
This page will be kept up to date with our current status, so please return for the most up-to-date information.