This page will be regularly updated if our service changes - please return for the most up-to-date information.
Last updated Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 8am.
Our current safety protocol is Socially Distanced Moves
We're operating a socially distanced service. This requires additional effort from customers, and from us - see below for a detailed breakdown of how a Man With A Van move works at this time. We're asking customers to help us do our bit to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
We're committed to playing our part - in tandem with our customers - to keep Melburnians moving safely. We continue to monitor government advice on best practices and business restrictions.
As always, if you have any questions about an upcoming booking, our operations or our response to COVID-19, please call our office on 9417 3443.
Socially Distanced Moves
Our modified, socially-distanced service aims to minimise the risk of viral transmission. It's our only service offering at this point in time, and requires extra steps from customers and our movers.
What we need from you:
- Socially distance. At the beginning of the move, and again at the conclusion, you can take part in a socially-distanced walkthrough to talk through the items being moved on the day. Please keep a distance of 1.5 metres from the movers during this process.
- Isolate yourself. Aside from the initial and final walk-throughs, you are requested to either head off-site for the remainder of the move, or isolate in a room with a closed door while movers are working.
- Allow our movers to wash their hands. Frequent hand-washing helps reduce the risk of transmission - it's for everyone's benefit.
Note on assisting our movers: Under normal circumstances, we allow customers to assist with the handling of items to speed up the moving process. This is not an option at the current time. As a result, all one-mover bookings must only list items which can be safely handled by a single person.
We reserve the right to leave any job where our movers feel at risk, as this is a public health issue.
Please tell us!
- If anyone living in the properties has recently been overseas, or is in self-isolation for any reason
- If you are ill or have symptoms. If so, we will ask you to rebook for another time, or provide someone else to give access and facilitate the move
- If you’re over 70. We'll ask you to have a friend or family member oversee the move, and that you make arrangements not to be present. If this can't be arranged, we need to discuss your options further, prior to the move
Steps we're taking to reduce the risks
- Disinfecting our vehicles and equipment on a daily basis
- Keeping staff up-to-date with Australian Department of Health advice on good hygiene and social distancing, with particular emphasis on regular and thorough hand-washing
- Instructing staff not to attend work if they have any symptoms of illness. Instead, anyone experiencing symptoms has been instructed to stay home, consult their doctor, and follow the relevant Australian government protocols regarding self-isolating and testing
- We're following DHHS advice on mask-wearing. This means that our movers will wear masks wherever possible during the job, but may remove them while doing aerobically strenuous activities (such as carrying very heavy items, or going up or down flights of stairs).
- Actively monitoring advice from state and federal government departments for new requirements and best practice
Questions or concerns?
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, give our office a call on (03) 9417 3443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This page will be kept up to date with our current status, so please return for the most up-to-date information.